1. My boyfriend’s parents came to Cebu to visit him, they brought us pasalubong from our hometown. They brought with them a lot of fruits: Mangosteen, Durian, Lanzones, Pomelo, Marang and Dragon fruit. i was flattered when I knew that they brought these goodies for me and Jp. Though my parents haven’t visited me since I settled here, still I felt at home with his parents. It was exam week when they stayed here for thus we were not given the opportunity to meet and have some dinner or little get together. Though time may have not given us an opportunity, knowing that they were thoughtful enough to give me and our friends fruits was heartwarming.
My boyfriend’s mom also cooked crabs, fish paksiw and adobong pusit for the two of us and they really taste good. I put aside my diet because those were really good food that are eaten better with cups of rice. Sorry mom, i skipped diet.
2. As a thank you to his parents, I ordered Silvanas(my childhood favorite dessert) for them as they leave for Davao.
3. His dad also surprised him with his car “Blackie” . This car have been a witness on how our relationship bloomed and it has a sentimental value to us. I have grown to love blackie the way my boyfriend loves his car. And we were really happy to know that blackie is still with us. 😊
4. After the hell week, my friends and I went to Lahug to eat at a “eat all you can Chinese restaurant” named “Ding Qua Qua” everything was delicious and yes i skipped diet again.
5. Before the hell week our school had our intrams and my boyfriend’s team in basketball won 2nd place. They gave way to the juniors who will not be playing anymore in their senior years. So it was fair enough to let them feel the glory of their last game.
6. We discovered a new place to study, the rooftop. It was peaceful, and had a spectacular view.
7. As for our cute coffee shop of the month, Sprocketeers is for the month of August. It has an awesome wall with lomograph inspired designs.
I’m thankful to God that despite the things that caused us to leave home and be in a different place, we experience the blessing of meeting new friends, strengthening relationships and maintaining humility. I am in a happy disposition and i don’t want any other way. I am blessed with people i love surrounding me, i am in a state of contentment. And i hope you too… Have a blessed Sunday!